Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day out there for all of the fathers! 

Yesterday, was Aaron and my 6th anniversary!  We've been married six years!  We've been together for 9 years, man, that sounds like along time!  The first 3 years was very hard, to be honest, however, after Aaron accepted Jesus into his life to be his Savior, marriage has been smooth sailing (well, in comparison to the previous 3 years!)

We had a rough start too.  I was not actively seeking God's will for my life when I first met Aaron, however, I believe God placed me in Aaron's life for a reason, but since I was not living my life for God then, we lived sinfully, however, as God often does He makes the VERY best out of our falls from grace & that was Jaylin.  Jaylin was born before Aaron and I were married and I still struggle with what we will tell her, I am just so nervous because I don't want her to think she was a mistake, but I know that if I pray about it God will be there at the time she asks.

Anyway, we were married when Jaylin was about 8 months old.  Aaron never proposed to me, he just knew I wanted to get married and I didn't feel right living the way we were living, I didn't feel right raising a child without being married, so we got married!  Aaron got our rings from his brother, which were rings that his gf got from a break-up of her brother (complicated!  I know), but anyway, Aaron came home one day and said..."here's your ring" I was like um, ok....We had a regular wedding with the white dress & family, but I always told him that one day he was actually going to have to propose to me.

Well the proposal came last night on our 6th wedding anniversary!  We were dropping the girls off at my parents house so we could go out to dinner and he came up to me and kissed me & then said, "There is something we have to do before we go." I was like "What?" Then he gets down on his knee and says "Will you marry me?" AND he pulls out a box...with a new ring!

So my whole family starts crying and he starts getting choked up, and of course I said yes!  ha!  The funny thing is he didn't tell anyone he was going to do it except for my dad and then he said he was super nervous when he was walking in!  LOL!  He was nervous, but we are already married!  Too funny!

I'll snap a pic of my beautiful new ring later & post!

No comments: