Thursday, March 11, 2010

Beautiful Day

What a beautiful day it is so far today!! I had a hard time getting up this morning. I just didn’t want to get out of bed. But I knew if I didn’t get out of bed before the girls then I would regret it later.



The sun started shinning around 9 & I couldn’t wait to get out of the house. I gave the girls a fast bath & out the door we went! First we went to hy-vee, I told the girls we could get a yogurt & a donut if they wanted & guess what they said. We don’t want the yogurt, but we will take the donut. So, whatever, they had a donut & I had yogurt. Good Yogurt thought, it was the Yoplait Whips, I love that stuff & a bonus it is on sale this week for 10/$5, what a deal!


Then we went to the park. It was wonderful, ran into another mom that I know from Aubrey’s dance class. The girls played for awhile & then a “boy” came. He was a cute little chubby fellow & Aubrey kept saying “Dude, come over here & play, dude!!!!” haha, just picture that coming out of a little 3 year old’s body. Then Aubrey just started getting really bossy with the boy, I said that is enough with the bossiness... I wonder if I act like that?


Then we came home with no fight, except we walk in the door & Jaylin’s nasty side comes out! She is mouthy & won’t listen to anything I say. It’s like when the fun is over she hates it so much that everything afterwards has to be horrible. I don’t understand it, she has to make the rest of the day go bad. Anyway, we fought for almost an hour on her taking a 5 minute time out. I would put her in her room & she would come back out. Though I am proud of myself because I did not buckle & I never raised my voice. However, I don’t know how this happened after a long time of the putting back in the room she came out & said she would take a timeout in the bathroom & she wanted to take 2 books in there too. I thought about this for a sec & I said ok, see we are reading this children’s book on anger & one of the ways to deal with your anger is going to an area by yourself & doing something you enjoy until you calm down. I don’t know if letting her take the book will backfire on me, but it worked today & I was tired of fighting.

No comments: