Friday, March 12, 2010

What am I doing wrong?!?!

My 5 year old daughter is driving me crazy!  I can't get through to her...mouthy, mouthy, mouthy!!  It is like she is trying to do everything possible to make me upset.  For about 3 days I was calm & nothing she did caused a reaction in me, but each day she wakes up she has a new strength to break me down and I must not be getting enough sleep because I am not getting stronger in this I am getting weaker.  Tonight I asked my girls to pick out there bedtime books & she said "NO!  I don't want to go to bed" and I said "Jaylin, please watch your attitude" and while I was saying this I was helping my youngest daughter get into the bathroom, Jaylin comes up behind me & slams the door which connects directly with my face....yep the corner of the door hits my face & I lose it!!  I don't punish with violence, I usually do the timeout thing, pick her up & place her in time out (which could go on for HOURS cuz she refuses to stay in timeout) so why is she violent to me & her sister when she is mad.

She gets so angry and she can't control herself.  SO those are my thoughts today, what am I doing wrong as a parent..?

No comments: