Monday, May 16, 2011

Madness Monday

Welcome Monday!  I tend to like Monday's more than the weekend and today is no different.  It really makes me feel good to get back to the weekday schedule.  Monday's I usually do laundry and get the house back in order.  Jaylin goes back to school and Aaron goes back to work.  I watch a little girl named Ali on MTW, so that just leaves us 3 girls.  Ali and Aubrey like to argue, but today they've gotten along pretty well, only a few disputes with toys ;)

Yesterday a Facebook friend posted how much she saved and all the stuff she got after going to Wal-green's and using her Register Rewards (RR) and I really want to start taking advantage of those savings!  I read a blog not that long ago that said the gal didn't know what she did before when she actually had to pay for toiletries.  Ever since I read that I get angry when I buy toothpaste or deodorant, I feel like I should be getting them free too!  So, I subscribed to our hometown paper that includes the big Sunday paper with all the coupons, that was my excuse before, I never had time to run out and get the paper or by the time Sunday rolled around we were out of money!  So I bit the bullet and signed up for the paper.  We now get 13 weeks for $19.95, so let's hope it pays off!

SO! today was my first day shopping at Wal-Greens and I'm sure I did not do as well as my friend on FB did, but I'm sure I will learn!

I ended up spending $55.72 and received $15.00 in RR for my next shopping trip.  So that means, I bought all the below stuff for about $40.72.  I'm a sucker too, so I did buy some stuff that I didn't plan during my trip planning session!  So I spent over what I planned, but I got more stuff too!

The fabric softener & dryer sheets were buy one get one free, so I couldn't pass that up!  I would have gotten two fabric softener's, but they were all out!  So lesson learned...go on Sunday when the add comes out!  Then the Kleenex were also buy one get one free.  The Old Spice men's body wash was buy 3/$10 and get a $3 RR, I LOVE the smell of Old Spice so this wasn't a waste to our family.  I plan on getting a stock pile going like many others and then donating what I don't use.  The mascara I use was on sale for buy one get one 50% off so I had to get one of those.  The Dove men's deodorant was $3.99 & then get a $3.00 RR.  So, I may have more stuff next week since I will be using RR and can afford more.  We will see!  I'm hoping to not have to pay full price for deodorant/toothpaste/feminine products/Body Wash/Shampoo/Conditioner EVER AGAIN!!

No comments: